Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Be involved ...

The general election is upon us and I want to encourage you to be involved using the words of my friend Andrew Wilson:

 I think voting is hugely important. Just as I’m responsible for wisely stewarding my money, my time and my gifts, so I’m also responsible for stewarding the civic power with which I’ve been entrusted as a citizen of a democracy. Using the electoral power I have, which is massive when compared with the vast majority of generations who have lived on earth, is a key way in which I can love my neighbours and contribute to human flourishing. So sitting out an election because I’m confused, or because I have disagreements with every party - which presumably everyone does - is not an option. What to do?
Vote for whichever candidate will do the best job as your representative, is closest to the set of beliefs you hold, and most likely to do things that love your neighbours. All you have to do is decide between a handful of people who live in your town, answer your questions and speak to your issues.

To find out who your Parliamentary candidates are click here  and the voting record of your current MP click here.

No comments: