Thursday, 26 March 2015

Reading Half 2015

On Sunday I joined 16,000 others to run around our town in what was supposed to be a faster route. 

A group of us from my tri club ran together with the plan of staying ahead of the 1:30 pacer thereby ensuring we all get a Personal Best (PB). It was a good plan, in theory at least!

It was glorious running weather and the new route  / staggered start made for less congestion which was helpful. Sadly the 1:30 pacer went past us at 5 miles and we then chased him all the way to the Madejski Stadium.

The support outside the church offices was superb, a wall of noise! It lifted many runners, we even got an email from one (see below).

My time was 1:30:31, not a PB but good enough. There's always next year.
Hiya,

I just wanted to say it was so great to see you guys out on the street as I
ran the 1/2 marathon this morning. I noticed you guys last year too!

As I ran past you, I felt the Holy Spirit amongst you. There was quite an
overwhelming sense of His presence upon you (as a church) and I feel like He wants to remind you of your calling to your community. I feel like He is
going to use you as a mighty force within your town and that people will
begin to turn up on a Sunday because God is dwelling amongst you. I feel
like He wants you to expect a significant increase of his presence in your
meetings and that He will meet and surpass your expectations.

I hope you don't mind me writing this, and obviously weigh it up but I
believe God wants to bless you significantly!

Once again, thanks so much for being out there today!

Amy 

No comments: