Thursday, 12 March 2015

Newbury Church plant

Yesterday I travelled to Newbury to have lunch with Mark Landreth-Smith. Mark & Bev moved there in December '14 to plant Bridge Church Newbury.
We walked around the town centre and visited their two Sunday venues: the historic town hall (complete with heraldic flags) and the Water Side Centre (literally on the banks of the Kennet Canal).

We ate Cornish pasties and swapped stories on the joys & pressures of church leadership. He planted and led the Beacon church in Camberley for 20 years. He got their ministry hub built & paid off, and then sold his home to church plant all over again.

It's his birthday today and although I'm not sure how old he is (he must have a year or two on me) I do know he has a hunger for God and a great love for people. 

It does me good to connect to brothers pursuing their calling.

No comments: