Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Bristol with buddies

Alistair thought cycling back from Bristol would be a good training opportunity so me, Craig & Alistair boarded the 09:57 train on Monday morning.

It took 1hr15 minutes to get there by 'speeding train through rolling hills' which hinted at the terrain & distance we were to cycle.

The route was mainly on the A4 and it does gets hilly in places ... cycling past the White Horse carved into the hill at Cherhill was brilliant. 

I now know that Bristol Temple Meads to my house is 85 miles and it takes 4hrs 47 minutes of cycling (if you average 17.2mph). Also, I now know that Marlborough is half way to Bristol and the Costa there does a tasty Ham & Cheese Panini.  

That said, I can not adequately explain how tired I was when I got off my bike. Liz said it was comical. 

My next cycling adventure is in May, in the Lake District for a long weekend, with nine others from TVT ... hopefully at a more sustainable pace. 

No comments: