Wednesday, 2 April 2014

A little bit of Turkey

On Saturday I am flying out to Istanbul to carry Dave Devenish's bags in his travels. I am really looking forward to stepping out of my routine here and taste a little bit of 'East meets West'.

I have travelled with Dave a few times before and it inevitably involves lots of listening, laughing, meals and enthusiasm for the nations. I will undoubtably learn loads just watching David interact with people from other cultures and his unique teaching.

But I also plan to press into God for myself. Being away from responsibilities and in an alien culture can really help with perspective to my successes & challenges, hopes & disappointments in Reading. 

I'm taking a book entitled 'enjoying your prayer life' by Mike Reeves and plan to reread it a few more times... it's very short but super helpful.

My job is one of 'Privilege' but also 'Pain' ... this trip should be the former.

No comments: