The reason we have a Vision Sunday twice is a year is three fold: to create a moment give thanks to God; to remind regulars of what we believe God has called us to; and to inform newcomers of our distinct contribution.
Read Isaiah 54v1-5
The woman who was barren is to rejoice and shout for joy, for God has promised to supernaturally give her many children. In faith, she is to enlarge the place of her tent, to spread out to the right & left, believing God will add to her household. She was to do this with confidence because God Himself was to be her husband.
Incredibly, when the apostle Paul used this passage he said the desolate woman is the church and Jesus is her husband (Gal4v26)! Once we were spiritually barren, we were not a people. But with Jesus as our husband/redeemer we a supernatural people with a God given vision: to become a growing, Jesus-centred community; serving the town of Reading and beyond.
In 12 years we have grown from 27 adults & 7 children to over 400 people. We now have three meetings on a Sunday; over 100 people have been added to us in the past two years.
But this growth & momentum has come with challenges, we have stretched our tent curtains wide but now we need to hold them in place! We can do this in at least three ways:
· Rows to Circles: we need to keep moving people from sitting in rows to sitting in circles (Lifegroups & Serving teams).
· Create Moments: we need to meet with each other, as we meet with God.
· Serve the town: we need to continue in our new initiatives such as the Job-Club and Starting Point Reading.
An invitation to regulars:
· 9am – arrive at 8:45 & welcome people warmly; Pray; Get in a circle; Review your giving; Give on the Vision Fund gift days (20 & 27 Oct).
· 11am – Consider moving to 9am or 6:30pm meetings; Pray; Get in a circle; Review your giving; Give on the Vision Fund gift days (20 & 27 Oct).
· 6:30pm – arrive at 6:15pm & welcome people warmly. Pray; Get in a circle; Review your giving; Give on the Vision Fund gift days (20 & 27 Oct)
An invitation to newcomers: Come and help us fulfil this God given Vision.