Thursday, 25 April 2013

Training update

A few people have been asking about how my training is going and what races I plan to do this year. So here goes:

I am currently training 8hrs a week, over 5 sessions, eating well and sleeping soundly. 

My first race is a Sprint Triathlon on 6th May which is pool based (400m swim, 21km bike, 5.5km run). I raced this last year and pretty much did everything wrong yet had great fun. It's also a big race for our club and I want to do much better!

My key race for 2013 is on Sunday 16 June, which is a Half Ironman (1.3mile swim, 56mile bike, 13.1mile run). It still feels daunting despite the amount of training I've completed. These distances are OK but I am chasing a finishing time between 5:30-6hrs. 

I may do one more Olympic distance race but will wait to see if my enthusiasm wanes post June. 

One of the benefits of all this activity is not just being able to eat lots but also spending lots of time with friends at TVT - it's good to be with those who enjoy what I enjoy (bikes, swimming, exertion & racing).

No comments: