Friday, 1 February 2013

A letter from America

Encouraging reading from across the Atlantic: 

Dear Reading Family Church. 

I am not sure if you remember me- an American student who was with y'all for about 6 months, 2 years ago. I was in a life group with Sarah and Pete Horne (if I remember correctly), Sam, Ed, Jethro, and many other lovely people. I feel compelled to write this email to let you know how much I was impacted by your gospel centred lives and community, and hated that I had not told you before now. 

At Reading Family Church I encountered the most Bible-like pursuit of God that I had ever seen (and ever have seen) among a group of believers. I felt loved from my very first day, and sought out and invested in all through my stay in Reading. I am in my last semester at University, am now married, and still find myself longing for the way truth rang TRUE in worship, in sermons, in life, at Reading Family Church.


I loved knowing that everyone else in the room was agreeing with the truth of Jesus, and delighting in him. I miss your fellowship. I hope you are encouraged, because I definitely encountered the Lord while among you, though I admit my growth was hindered by sin issues I was ignoring. I am free from my sin though! And feel so blessed by your presence in my life, if only for a short while. 


 In love, Lara Thompson

 (Now Lara O'Kelley)

1 comment:

Roy the Beard said...

Well, I believe I remember an American Lara being with us for a time! I remember her open, friendly nature and willingless to mix in with everybody. Great to hear from her, and that she is doing well.
Roy Avis (the Beard)