Saturday, 1 December 2012

Cold toes, broad smile

Winter training is progressing well. 

This morning was a chilly 3hr ride with TVT, chasing hills around Henley. Once the mist had cleared it was really pleasant in the sun, although when gasping up yet another hill all is forgotten. At the bottom of the first climb my chain came off and I managed take out all but two with my sudden dismount. Let's just say I wasn't the most popular rider at that point :o)
I am also a regular at the Thursday night turbo session - 10 grown adults on training wheels in a village hall in Arbofield. For a sweaty hour we are shouted at by 'Coach Troy' on the big screen and we love it!

Joshua and I swim with the club on Monday nights and my running will be tested in a few weeks with my first cross country race in a very long time.

I am currently wondering what to aim at next year ... most likely a 70.3 race (1.2mile swim, 56mile ride, 13.1 run). It needs to be something to make sense of all this winter training madness...

No comments: