Last week I went along to the Dingley Family Centre to present a cheque and to see first hand the excellent work they do.
This Sunday we will have representatives from RAHAB, CCA & Aspire2 with us at both congregations; other charities will be coming to our Sunday meetings on 15 July. A brief summary of our Vision Fund giving is outlined below:
- Starting Point Reading (NEET project with The Mustard Tree Foundation and Reading Borough Council): £10,000 towards project set-up costs and project worker annual salary
- Faith Christian Group: £2,000 towards set up costs of flats to house the otherwise homeless
- The Rahab Project: £1,500 to provide a year of monthly daytime activities for women exploited in Reading's sex industry
- Aspire2: £1,000 towards a residential break for disadvantaged school children from Whitley
- Christian Community Action: £800 to provide a new counter and till in Oxford Road charity shop
- Age UK Reading: £600 to provide a meal and theatre trip for a group of senior citizens
- Reading Refugee Support Group: £500 to provide a day trip for a group of refugees
- Dingley Family & Specialist Early Years Centre: £300 towards garden story-telling area for children with special needs and disabilities
- Talisman Riding for the Disabled: £300 to provide therapeutic horse-riding sessions for children and adults in Reading who could otherwise not afford it.
I thank God that I am part of such a big hearted and generous church.