Saturday, 26 May 2012

Legendary Swim/Bike/Run with TVT


Jamie from TVT had the bright idea of a swim/bike/run session in celebration of the glorious weather.

We met at Bray Swimming Lake and did 3 laps of the 750m course ... the water was a balmy 20C and swimming in early morning sunshine was glorious.

We then jumped on our bikes for a 34mile ride through Bray, Cookham, Bisham, Marlow, Eton and Windsor. It was a such a stunning ride: hills, riverside roads, historic buildings and pretty villages decked out in jubilee bunting.

Once back at the lake, the plan began to unravel in that the path around the lake was overgrown with stinging nettles. We ploughed on regardless and all picked up a sting or three and a bonfida reason to whinge.

Back at the lakeside clubhouse we ate ice creams (Jamie bought them as a guilt offering for the nettles) and watched the novice windsurfers fall in / get blown down the lake ... it was good to see others suffer for their sport!

It was such a great way to spend a morning ... one I wont forget for a long, long time.

1 comment:

Frank Blasi said...

Thames Valley Triathletes? I remember them well, when I was a member myself between 1986 to 1991. The best part of training was the late Friday night binge at the Pizza Hut, then right opposite Marys Butts shopping mall. Oh, I did have a little swim at the Meadway pool first.
But I do have about 25 triathlon events under my belt, including the 1987 Grand Prix at Romford. I also promoted the Bracknell Triathlon between 1987 and 1992.
Why not check out my blog page, "Frank's Christian Thoughts" where I do have one blog about my life as a triathlete.
God bless,
Frank.