Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Reading Half & other races

Just a few weeks to go before the Reading Half  and my training has been going to plan ... albeit a different one to last year. Although I still grin when I think of last years PB (1:30:00) it wont be repeated. I have been training in a more balanced way rather than the run-tastic 12weeks of last year! 

My first Tri of 2012 is the Hart Sprint Triathlon (400m pool swim, 20km ride, 5km run) and is on bank holiday Monday in May. I did this race a few years ago so am looking forward to seeing how my times compare.

In June I am booked into the Windsor Triathlon which is a 1.5km river swim, 42km ride and then 10km run. This is my target race and has been driving all the swim & bike sessions over past few months.

I suspect I will also race at the Reading Tri in September but have yet to book in. Joshua has joined the junior section of the our Tri club and he plans to do his first race this year.  

Between us we are generating a lot of washing, testosterone & tri chat ... Liz is a very wonderful and supportive wife & mum.     

No comments: