Friday, 25 November 2011

Communicating for a change

Whilst in Russia I read a short book that I found compelling. 

For some time now I have been frustrated by my plateauing preaching skills; I don't feel I am improving. I am not talking about my desire to preach from bible passages rather that I need to hone my skills in communicating.

The book by Andy Stanley has given me a new framework in crafting a message that the Spirit can use to bring life change. 

So this week I have followed a new methodology in my sermon prep, the fruit of which you should experience this Sunday when I continue our series back2basics:Jesus.

Its both good and scary to try new things, the worst that can happen is I look stupid & bore you  ... at best, the Spirit can use it to bring life change.  

No comments: