Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Tears in a big tent

Today I travelled with Pete Horne and my son to visit the camp that some of the children of RFC are attending this week.

The activities on offer were superb: archery, high & low ropes, BMX track, wood working, kayaking etc.

But my highlight was the afternoon main meeting where 190 children gathered to worship Jesus. The speaker gave a clear gospel presentation and many young hearts responded.

Tears came to my eyes as I watched children from RFC stay behind after the meeting to linger in the atmosphere of worship. To see Sarah Horne talk with them and encourage them to pray for each other was inspiring.

I am so grateful to the team of 71 helpers/leaders who have been making this happen.

We shall hear more from our children themselves this Sunday morning.

No comments: