Saturday, 29 January 2011

'Training hard' or 'Hardly training'?

So this year I am following a training plan to help me achieve my goal of running the Reading Half in 90 minutes ... 3 minutes quicker than I have ever done it.

I am currently running 30 miles a week, eating loads, sleeping deep and nursing a 'sore everything'. This afternoon is scheduled to be a long run - 13 miles.

But why am I chasing a time?

I don't know. I like to push myself. I like being fit. I like achieving hard goals. I like running (most times anyway). And I like the afterglow of a 'good run'.

I'm not sure I really need to answer that question ... and if I hit 1:30 on the day I know nothing will really change.

But my smile will say that I went hard after something and got my desired outcome. Maybe that's enough in itself.

No comments: