Its been almost 6 months since we started our evening meeting in the town centre. Last night, 48 people gathered at South Street Arts Centre and about 20 of us went to the pub afterwards.
I have been giving our evening meeting a lot of thought recently and here are some of my conclusions.
- We are now gathering new people, both from the surrounding area and those who can't make a morning meeting. We hoped to open a new door into the town and that IS happening.
- The meeting is taking on its own identity - new people, a different location, and a funky venue is creating a new expression of RFC.
- It is genuinely exciting - it has the feel of something 'small yet at the beginning'.
- We have two key prophetic words: 'it already has momentum' and 'God is building with many different shape stones'. Last night we had another significant contribution 'take heart for God has many people in this city.'
- It is very hard work yet there is a real buzz about it.
Our immediate challenge is to get through July & August whilst building community and serving teams from within the evening congregation. Our longer term goal is that no morning RFCers be required to make the evening happen (except the preacher and maybe a worship leader).
Please do continue to pray for this faith venture, it has been a strong start but we've yet to see anyone saved nor is there yet a lifegroup with just South Street attenders in it.