Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Prayer & Fasting - Day 2

I am not one who often cries but this morning was one of those exceptions. A potent combination of gospel preaching, fasting and outstanding times of worship did the trick!

Last night I was delighted to listen to Matt Chandler as he gave a refreshingly clear presentation of the truths of the gospel (we RFC elders are attending a conference on Saturday where he is the speaker).

Rhys Scott from Christchurch London led worship this morning with songs such as 'Happy Day' and 'I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene' (their lyrics work for me!).

Given it was day 2 of fasting, and the wonder of the gospel was still fresh in my mind and the musicianship was excellent (as was the thumping bass) I couldn't help but cry tears of worship and thanksgiving.

It was glorious!

We have a great God and a confident hope - more from these two days on Sunday when I preach.

No comments: