Friday, 12 March 2010

Lead elders coaching

Over the past two days I have been in Catford with 11 other newfrontiers lead elders. These coaching days were hosted by Steve Tibbert who leads Kings Church Catford and focused in on understanding ourselves in a team context ... never an easy thing!

One of the tools used was the Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator. My 'ESTJ' preferences seemed to be getting stronger each time I assess myself! These sessions were led by
Brian Watts who was superb and very helpful - although at one point he lifted the lid on me which felt very unnerving albeit liberating!

It was good to meet guys from across the nation who have similar leadership responsibilities and want to be better leaders. It felt like a real privilege to be there and an excellent use of time.

You will be the judge of the end results though!

No comments: