Monday, 1 March 2010

13.2 miles & smiling

With less than 3 weeks until the Reading 1/2 Marathon, it was time to go the distance and see how I am doing...

It was a great day for running, I had a huge plate of pasta at lunchtime and took an energy gel to consume at 8 miles.

In terms of a training strategy for this year, I decided to avoid any hill or speed work as I always end up straining a muscle. Instead, I have just done long / slow runs (increasing a mile a week) interspirsed with 4 mile tempo runs (at 80-90% of my max heart rate). So far I haven't had too many niggles, unlike last year.

Today I came in at 1hr 35min which I was pleased with, so I am all set for a sub 1:35 time on Sunday 21st March ... yeah right!!!!

4 comments:

Phil Whittall said...

Good running Sean! What's the PB for the half?

jethro said...

looks like youre well set for making it 1-1 on our run tally. i was gunna go for a 9-mile tonight. still got a way to go yet before the full distance!

Sean Green said...

Hi Phil - I have only run three halfs and last year was my best at 1:34:53

Jethro - let's wait until the day untilm we agree its 1-1 ... your tippy tappy shoes could come good on the day!

Karen said...

You runners never fail to impress me. It would take me that long to cycle it.