Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On

After a brief snow ball fight with the children, I set off to work on foot. I joined many others walking along the tracks in the road, occasionally retreating to the pavements to avoid a car.

There is something very 'Blitz-esque' about walking through 8inches of snow to get to work. My stiff upper lip was complemented by a sizable dew drop on my nose.

To be very honest, I was disappointed not to have hill walking sticks, clearly a must-have for Earley commuters. However, my trusty wellingtons only let me down once - a very graceful bum slide, limited spectators, zero audible guffaws.

I now feel very manly that I battled & overcome, arriving at the sanctuary of my study in the church offices, whilst mere mortals wallow in the safety of their homes.

Keep Calm and Carry On. Who cares if I miss all the fun whilst sitting here alone...

1 comment:

Karen said...

One guy in our close tried skiing to Woodley but came back half hour later. I was impressed he even bothered to get all the gear out! However I applaud your manliness at getting in and wish you all the best getting back :-)