- A day for ceasing from our work.
- A day for giving thanks to God for who He is & what He's done.
- A day that reaffirms the truth of the Gospel.
- A day to see the old Truths of the Gospel in new ways.
- A day to gather to worship Jesus as church.
- A day to be strengthened & encouraged in our faith.
- A day to meet & express our unity in Jesus.
- A day to serve & care & feast & laugh with others.
- A day to reflect & ponder & review & learn from the previous week.
- A day to ponder the pattern our life is weaving.
- A day that helps to redefine our calling in life.
- A day to settle in our hearts to 'want we we have'.
- A day to be distinctively set part as the people of God.
- A day each week to usher us into Biblical Rest.
Sunday, 11 October 2009
Rested #2 - Sabbath Rest
Today I reminded us that, as Christians, we are released from the rules and regulations of the Jewish Sabbath laws and into the freedom of 'The sabbath is made for Man'.