Friday, 31 July 2009

Father, Son & Holy Spirit #6

Chapter 6 - Beholding the Wonder of the Truine Persons in Relational Community.

While the Father embraces and revels in his position of being supreme in the Trinity, so too do the Son and Spirit embrace and revel in their positions as second and third respectively. No competition, no jealousy, no bitterness and no dispute exists among these Persons...

Unity and diversity, identity and distinction, sameness and difference, melody and harmony - these are the qualities that mark the rich texture of the life of the one God who is three. p157

So ends the final chapter of this extraordinary book that Terry Virgo recommended at the Brighton conference.

To be honest, I feel a little overwhelmed with the content.

Whilst reading it, I have felt like a tree in the spring-time that is drawing up vast amounts of new sap. It's as though I have drunk 'sweet, refreshing water'; I feel like I have been peering into the Holiest place and seen the wonders of God as never before.

What I am saying is that is have been more than a 'good read'. It has been a tonic to my inner man. It has enlarged my delight in our Truine God. It has done me good.

Get hold of a copy, read it slowly, and tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Adam Pastor said...

Greetings Sean Green

On the subject of the Trinity,
I recommend this video:
The Human Jesus


Take a couple of hours to watch it; and prayerfully it will aid you to reconsider "The Trinity"

Yours In Messiah
Adam Pastor

Richard Walker said...

I have read it.

Look forward very much to sharing thoughts!

:-)