Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Ecclesiastes 2

Then I thought in my heart, "The fate of the fool will overtake me also. What then do I gain by being wise?" I said in my heart, "This too in meaningless." v15

At then end of his life, Solomon, having denied himself no pleasure, having undertook great projects, having amassed vast amounts of wealth & knowledge, awaited the fate of a fool.

No-one escapes Death. Death has no respect for age, wealth, education or accomplishments. The wise and the fool will both walk through this door.

Human wisdom & endeavours rarely results in an inner, lasting peace & quietness of spirit. We intuitively feel, that how we live our lives should make a difference.

Isaiah gives hope "The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever". Is32v17

No comments: