Friday, 1 May 2009

Proverbs 31

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value (v10)

By God's grace I have found such a wife. Liz's character has always been something that has attracted me to her. Yes she is a fox and loves Jesus, but her inner beauty is by far her most attractive asset.

Liz often reads to cultivate her character and one book so impressed her she passed it on to me to read ... and it was inspiring.

'Feminine Appeal' by Carolyn Mahaney looks at the seven feminine virtues outlined in Titus 2. It is an easy yet challenging read, and paints a compelling vision. Her closing chapter entitled 'Margaret's Story' makes sense of the whole journey and is very moving.

So it seems fitting to end this series of blogs in the same manner proverbs finishes ... by declaring that 'I have every confidence in my wife' and that because of her 'I too lack nothing of value'.


3 comments:

Karen said...

I've only known Liz a few weeks and I think she's lovely :-)

irene m said...

Sean ...it is so good to hear you state so clearly about Lizs character.....

I only know Liz "from afar" but it so obvious that God brought you two together for His purposes...and you are both Godly role models to many people.

What are you doing next then?? I have enjoyed walking through Proverbs with you

dave bish said...

It's been a great blogseries Sean, keep it coming...