Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Walking in the air

Yesterday, the Groovy Greens went to Portsmouth for the day. Not only did we visit the house in Southsea where I was born but we also went up the Spinnaker Tower.


It stands at 170m and has three observations decks - the one at 100m has a glass floor you can walk over. Being a 'no fear father' I was first to take my shoes off and boldly step out and 'walk in the air'.

I was OK until I looked down - that was my mistake. The glass looked way too thin. Even though I knew it was fine, I wasn't a happy daddy until I was back on the ground.

The kids loved it, Zoe had no fear what-so-ever ... but it will take some time for this family memory to bring an unconditional smile to my face!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Glad you guys had a great day out! As for the glass floor - very brave (or daft, whichever way you want to look at it!!).