Thursday, 30 April 2009

Proverbs 30

Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only me daily bread (v8).

Godliness with contentment is great gain.

I am aware of some of the poverty in Reading, and it is horrible. Conversely, one of our children's friends lives a lavish lifestyle in a fabulous house.

The family Green, I am happy to report, have neither poverty or riches.

We have more than enough to live on yet not too much to negate needing God. We are able to budget and we need to stick to those budgets.

We can't really afford to be generous and we are able to be generous. We don't have any significant needs, we can pay our bills and we have little for a rainy day.

We choose to want what we have. Everyday there is food in our cupboard and bread on the table. God is faithful to us as a family and is ensuring we need to come to him daily to meet our needs.

No comments: