Wednesday, 29 April 2009

proverbs 29

The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern (v7).

This verse provokes an unease within me. I do care about justice for the poor, it's just that, as an activist, I want to be doing something about it.

Over the years I have championed causes, bought ethically (I blow hot & cold on this), helped out on projects, prayed and given money.

Yet it still doesn't quench my unease about whether I am caring enough. Part of travelling to Zambia is to have my heart softened again for the world's poor and catch a vision for justice to prevail.

I wonder whether, as an activist, I am ever going to get closure on the plight of the poor. Jesus said they will always be with us, and Sin is always messing lives up.

Either way, I have given a righteousness from Jesus so I must care about justice for the poor.

No comments: