Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Proverbs 21

The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD (v31).

It is God, not us, who determines the outcome, regardless of our preparations, gifting or abilities. As such, I have been responsible for some spectacularly well organized failures, each of which were very well prepared!!!

I am an activist. I am never happier than making a metaphorical war horse 'ready for battle'. The kingdom has a place for people like me, we are never happier than when we are doing stuff.

But my personality type has a shadow side - I prefer tasks lists to prayer lists. I can put more energy into doing stuff than into seeking God's will, which is dumb given He 'gives the victory'.

For me then, I need to keep on with my tasks lists, and press through on my prayer lists, knowing I am in partnership with the one who gives victory.

No comments: