Monday, 20 April 2009

Proverbs 20

Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure; I am clean and without sin?" (v9)

No-one.

This morning I sat in our garden for my devotional time. It is a beautiful spring morning, dew on the grass, new growth everywhere and not a cloud in the sky. God's creation appears flawless...

Except for me ...

I had a 'good day' yesterday, I walked with God as best I could throughout the day. And yet this morning, on reflection, I still had a lot to say sorry for. I had not kept my heart pure, not even for one day.

Thank goodness for Jesus. Through faith in Him I am made righteous (Rom 3v22). As such I can enjoy God's creation knowing that I am known yet loved, naturally rebellious yet supernaturally grafted into the true vine (John 15).

It's going to be a good day.

No comments: