Monday, 13 April 2009

Proverbs 13

A wise son heeds his father's instruction, but a mocker does not listen to rebuke (v1).

When I read this I immediately thought of my relationship with Ben Davies. Over the years he has instructed, encouraged and rebuked me in many different ways. Not all of that was easy to hear or receive but it always had the hallmark of wisdom.

Seasons change and I now find myself drawing more from the instruction I have received from Ben rather than from his fresh input. I may have left home but am still continuing in the way I have been trained.

Season's change and I too am a Father. This morning after reading proverbs 31, I 'instructed' my son to meditate on this chapter before he dated a girl or ever thought about marrying one.

In his season of life, kissing a girl is 'nasty' and the thought of marriage is not yet on his radar, nevertheless, I thought it wise to lay some ground work!

Ben & Mo are with us this Sunday - I am really looking forward to hearing him preach again.

1 comment:

Karen said...

'Nasty'.

How funny!! Gotta love 'em. I'm so looking forward to my four hitting their teenage years and getting hormonal - NOT!! Aww heck!!