Tuesday, 10 March 2009

A blind journey

Carol and her husband Mike are both blind and use guide dogs. This morning, Carol and her dog 'Major' were learning how to navigate to the church offices.

It was all a huge education for me. Apparently, Carol has to remember the route, not Major. Carol asked me to send her a link to my blog so she could read it (I have no idea of how). She then asked for the photo I took so that she could show it to her friends. Finally, she then told me she puts the lights on at home because the dogs like it, and has a mirror for her friends when they come to visit.

I really had no idea of how blind people live.

So Carol, if you are reading this, I am really looking forward to getting to know you, Mike and the dogs, and I am thrilled your part of RFC!

2 comments:

Richard Walker said...

I concur wholeheartedly! I am thrill they are in our lifegroup!

Sean Green said...

Carol's answer:

Thanks. I've read it and attempted a response - but I've never blogged before, and some of these don't work for us so I've probably messed it all up now! (Smiles)

I'm emailing by typing, when my fingers aren't on the radiator getting warm!
I'm reading what I write, and what others write, by means of speech synthesis, not to be confused with voice activation software, when you speak because you don't type!

I don't mind the questions ... sort of found out that you like asking the difficult ones! (Smiles)

You haven't managed yet!

Carol