Thursday, 12 February 2009

RUCU

Tonight I am up on campus speaking at Reading University Christian Union ... and I am really looking forward to being with them. As a church leader who loves planning & order, I find a few aspects of the CU meeting slightly irritating ;o). For example they RARELY start on time or have slick / brief notices. And at some point in the meeting no-one will really know what is supposed to happen next!

But 'these light and momentary troubles' are vastly eclipsed by their love for Jesus, their passion for mission and their commitment to the Bible.

I know when I leave tonight, I will be greatly encouraged about the future of the church and our nation given the spiritual health of RUCU.

I also know I need to nail my preach for tonight and need to close my browser & outlook, and move the Blackberry out of sight.

No comments: