Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Minor revelations

Like many Christians across the world I have been chasing days to read my ‘bible in a year’. On 14th December I calculated I had 191 chapters to read before the end of the month.

To be honest I liked the challenge because of the huge upside of reading big chunks of the minor prophets & the tail end of the NT.

I crossed the line this morning and I’ve come to a conclusion - we are not mad in believing the bible.

I had forgotten quite how rich the minor prophets are in prophecies about Jesus. The book of Revelation gives such hope in Jesus and His return that current challenges slot into their correct significance.

I don’t know what your year has been like - maybe like me you seem to be chasing stuff that refuses to stand still. It’s good to remember that through it all is 'God’s big story' about Jesus and the cross, about a garden and a city, and about His glory and His grace.

We are recipients of amazing grace, predicted by prophets 100’s of years before Jesus was born, how cool is that?