We must never tire of being stirred on the plight of the unborn child:
- The number of abortions among girls aged under 16 rose by 10% to 4,376 in 2007, official figures for England and Wales show (full article here).
- In the under 14s, abortions rose by 21% from 135 in 2006 to 163 last year.
- The number of abortions in all women rose by 2.5% to reach an all time high of almost 200,000.
- In the past decade, the number of abortions in the under 16s has risen by 27%. But at the same time the teenage pregnancy rate has fallen.
- Gill Frances, chair of the Teenage Pregnancy Independent Advisory Group, said: "We know what works to reduce abortion amongst teenagers. We need high quality sex and relationships education at school and at home and effective contraception".
Whilst trying to be measured, these are nothing less than horrfying statistic that shame our nation and mock our Holy God. We must get engaged in these issues, if only in prayer and giving to Reading Lifeline.