Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Hart Sprint Triathlon - Race report

Waking up to rain on a bank holiday is always a downer - especially when it's race day. In my mind race day should always be sunny, the birds singing and the family cheering ... yeah right. Thankfully by the time it was my slot to start the sun was out.

The race was based around Fleet (where I preached at the newfrontiers church recently) which is a lovely rural town in northern Hampshire. The 400m swim was indoors, followed by 20km bike ride on mainly quiet country roads. However this was followed by a gruelling, water logged, mud-tastic, cross country 5km run.

That said, I had a good race, coming in 67th out of 409 finishers. Both Craig and Kirk put in good performances but weren't quite on there usual best. To be honest all our eyes are fixed on the Windsor race in 6 weeks time, so at best Hart was a training exercise.

It was good to see some of the guys from the club there ... I am still getting to know them, and some of them are hard core! All I need now is for my blisters to heal, then I am back to some serious run training.

No comments: