Saturday, 24 May 2008

21 days

With only 21 days left until the Royal Windsor Triathlon our minds are getting focused.

This morning at 6am Craig picked me & Kirk up (with all our bikes & wetsuits) as we headed out to Liquid Leisure in Datchet for a 1500m open water swim.

Leaving the car there, we cycled over to Windsor to ride the 40km bike section. It is a lovely route, taking in the Windsor Great Park but I suspect I will be too tired on the day to notice it. Sadly Kirk picked up his sixth puncture of the season - I think he has tissue paper for tires...

I have entered into a strange subculture of wetsuit clad individuals, who in the early mornings, gather at lakes for a swim and then jump onto their bikes for punishing rides. What's stranger still is I get home tired, exhilarated and wanting to do it all again. It must be a mid life thing ...

No comments: