Monday, 7 April 2008

New Word Alive

I am heading off today to North West Wales to attend the New Word Alive conference. Scott & Barbie, Gary (my roommate), Liz K and Georgie will be joining the posse from RUCU (plus a few thousand others) to hear John Piper, Don Carson and Terry speak.

There is something about the live dynamic in preaching that can not be captured by the wonders of mp3. I have never heard Piper or Carson speak live so am really looking forward to that experience.

But most of all, I am really looking forward to hearing Terry speak. I know he will thrive in that environment and I honestly feel excited for him. It's feels as though my dad has been asked to play another international for England and I get to watch the game in the stadium. Strange I know, but then who wants to be in a movement that doesn't result in those kind of emotions?

No comments: