Thursday, 13 March 2008

Too close to home

Today I emailed my MP regarding his voting record on issues surronding abortion - I could have put it much stronger but I am still working all this out:
Dear John Redwood,
I wanted to drop you a line and thank you for for voting record on issues related to abortion. I am gravely concerned about the rising abortion rates and am pleased that my MP is taking a lead in stemming the flow.
Yours sincerely,
Sean Green

Here is John Redwoods reply: 'Thank you. I will continue to do so'.

I also emailed the church regarding signing a new petition calling on Parliament to support amendments to reduce the number of abortions in the UK.

Why am I doing this? Because I love Jesus and His views on life need to be heard and I need to indentify them. Secondly, I find it easier to work in London Street, having spoken out against this, knowing it is happening just 100m from where I sit.

It is just too close to home to ignore.

No comments: