Thursday, 31 January 2008

God is at work!


I am currently working through CJ Mahaney's helpful book Humility - True Greatness, and this morning got to Chapter 8. He reminds us to look for evidence of the grace of God in our life and also in the lives of those around us.

The truth is I find it easier to see sin at work in my life than to see the evidence of God's sovereign grace in my life! I need others to help me see what God is doing and has done in me. I guess you are the same, we all need help to see the fruit & gifts of the Holy Spirit in our daily lives.

We also need the same approach when we consider the church. Often we can see her warts and failing and are slow to catch sight of the work of God amongst us as a gathered people. Lets be those who primarily see God at work and affirm & encourage one another of God's grace. We need to do this daily!

No comments: