Saturday, 22 December 2007

Sucking marrow

The end of another year and I have a treasury containing successes; also rans; a few no shows and a scaterring of disappointments. But let's stick with the highlights:
I love my wife and children more than I did at the beginning of the year. Success in that I feel I have gained ground personally, I understand myself better and helped others to grasp the Gospel harder.

But most of all, success in the sense that I have gotten to our know our heavenly Father better; I can see his throne much clearer; I have a firmer grasp that Jesus reigns ... and my conviction has deepend that His church was worth giving another year of my energies to.

My children have continued to grow up, needed new shoes, new clothes and new ideas. Our grass kept growing, kept needed mowing ... life keeps on turning, moving.

The advance to 'the eternal age to come' continues, each moment we move ever nearer. This I find exciting, scary, sad & happy, all at once. But one thing I do know, I want to suck the marrow out of the bones of each and every day, Jesus did!!!

No comments: